Sunday, June 21, 2015

Bird of the Week 37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLUb5TAmr90&feature=youtu.be


I hope everyone is having a great summer.  I also hope some of you are still watching the blog.  Considering how vast Alaska is and how remote it can feel, it surprises me that we can get internet at all but much of the time the signal is too weak to upload a video.  We are about 130 miles south of Denali National Park tonight at a very nice park that has good internet so I want to share this very cool bird with you.  This might be the longest one I have doon but I can't resist the majesty of this bird.

   They are found in Deschutes County but very hard to find.  I was lucky to camp at a park about ten days ago that has had a nesting pair for many years and these birds had three chicks. I managed to find one of the chicks so there is a clip of him too.  Listen carefully the adult does make some sounds.  You should not have difficulty IDing this, the largest Owl in North America.  Happy birding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment